j ORGAN DISCOVERYjj
AN OUTSTANDING FREE VIRTUAL PIPE ORGAN OPTION
This page contains samples of pieces of music recorded with jOrgan VPO's, all stereo .wav files. In some cases they are live recordings, and in other cases they used MIDI files included within the VPO downloads, or obtained from the internet. Presumably in the latter case, the pieces were played on actual pipe organs, but of course it is only the playing that is conveyed, and not the original sound.
The files are stored on SoundCloud. Close any invitation you receive to join SoundCloud. Most of the files were made using the Freeverb3 “Hibiki” reverberation program, with varying amounts of reverberation level. The VPO's were based on recorded samples unless indicated otherwise.
Occasional plops are not in the original recordings, and may be due to the Internet streaming process.
1. Paul Stratman's American Classic Organ (ACO), “Gabriel's Oboe”.
(Synthesized samples). Click HERE.
2. Rick Whatson's Christie Virtual Theatre Pipe Organ, “Knightsbridge March”.
(Synthesized samples and Fluidsynth reverberation). Click HERE.
3. John Reimer's Sydney Schuke VPO, “Postlude in G minor”.
Great Principal 8', Swell Gedact 8', Pedal Subbass 16' coupled to Swell. Click HERE.
4. Mark Bugeja's Nadur Cathedral (Malta) VPO, an improvised chord sequence.
(No pedals used; only moderate reverberation level; Great Principal Chorus to Mixtures). Click HERE.
5. Paul Stratman's Melcer Chamber Music Hall Organ, Buxtehude's “Toccata in F”.
6. John Reimer's Little Bay VPO, Starling Goodwin's “Three Interludes”.
(Demonstrating the Prinzipal 8'. Gedact 8' and Spitzflute 4', and the clear “close-
7. Chris Pearson's St Paul's Toronto VPO, Stanford's “Magnificat”.
(Something very different, using the Aah (Florestan) choir soundfont, which Chris played, appropriately, on the Choir Manual; high level of reverberation using the ReverberateLE progam; an uncanny cathedral choir sound). Click HERE.
8. Dries Nelemans' Klop VPO. Hymn tune improvisation
9. John Reimer's Kogarah Two VPO, Sibelius' “Finlandia” hymn tune.
(No pedals used; demonstrating adding stops to the Gt Open Diapason 8' [+Great Principal 4'] [Gt Twelfth 2 2/3', Gt Fifteenth 2', Sw Mixture IV] [Sw Oboe 8'] [Gt Trumpet 8']). Click HERE.
End of page